Timeline of Earth-C
Return to Earth-C
This timeline contains not only the funny animal characters published by DC Comics, including Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew, but also all funny animal characters from Quality Comics, Fawcett Comics, Charlton Comics, and Fox Features. It is likely that many of these characters actually exist in different funny-animal universes, and they will be marked as such.
This timeline began as Mikel Midnight's Earth-C timeline and will be expanded and revised in time to more closely fit within the Five Earths Project.
circa 10,000 B.C.E.
- Bow-Zar the Barkbarian has adventures. [CCAHAZC #7]
- On Earth C-Minus, Canine the Barkbarian has adventures. [CCAHAZC #7]
1st century A.D.
- Nero Fox is emperor of Rome.
- Peter Porkchops and Wolfie travel back to Ancient Rome after Peter is preparing a batch of spot-removing fluid and Wolfie mixes them up, causing them to explode. In Rome they are promptly thrown to the lions until they escape to find an apothecary to recreate the explosion and are sent back home. (One of the streets they travel on is called Nero Avenue.) [reprinted in The Best of DC (Blue Ribbon Digest) #43]
- The era of King Arthur (has a dog-like nose and short floppy ears). Sir Glancelot, one of the Round Table knights, is an ancestor of Peter Porkchops and resides in Glurch Castle in England.
- On a far-off planet which had a civilization far more advanced than any on Earth, strange colored eggs (painted like Easter eggs) drifted to their planet from outer space. All the children began to open them with their little hammers, but what was inside was “the most horrifying, terrifying, scary thing in the entire universe”. (What it was was an egg yolk from outer space which could suck up any and all moisture it came into contact with, growing all the while, including an entire ocean! Although the Earthers didn't know that until 1982.) The people (rabbits) of that planet had to get rid of all the eggs, and came to Earth to use it as a garbage dump. Only one of them, Ralf-124C4U, survived, and he directed the natives to bury the eggs and erect a stone bunny head over each of them as a warning. Since he couldn't get back home, he spun a cocoon around himself to wait until someone could get him.
- The Three Mouseketeers have adventures. [Funny Stuff #1]
- Victor Frankenswine, resident of Ringtailkat, West Verminy, in middle Ewerope, creates the 'Frankenswine monster'. The creature is lost in the Arctic for many years, before battling Pig-Iron in July 1983. [CCAHAZC #17]
- Abraham Linkidd is elected President of the United Species of America. [CCAHAZC #3]
- Spylot Bones has adventures? [Leading Comics #15 - 22]
- On Funny Animal Land, Billy the Kid (a goat cowboy) has adventures. [Fawcett's Funny Animals #1]
- Bulldog Drumhead has adventures. [Funny Stuff]
- On Earth C-Minus, Kent Mallard has first public case as the Waddler. [?/George Chastain]
- On Earth C-Minus, Duck Savage has first public case.
- The archeologist Oklahoma Bones has adventures, his most famous case being his quest for the “Lost Aardvark”. [CCAHAZC #5]
- On Earth C-Minus 2, Abigail Mathilda Hunkle (a “mother” hen) becomes the Red Tornado. Her next-door neighbor is Scribbly (a horse); Scribbly's brother Dinky and Ma Hunkel's daughter Sisty (a colt and a chick, respectibly) become the Cyclone Kids. [All-American #59]
- Weird War II: Adolph Hippo and his Ratzi's advocate a “New Odor” in Verminy.
- On Earth C-Minus 2, the Justice Critters of America have adventures. [note: aside from Starfox and possibly 'The Star-Spangled Poodle' the lineup of the team is unknown].
- On Funny Animal Land, Sherlock Monk has adventures with his assistant, Chuck. [Fawcett's Funny Animals #1]
- On Funny Animal Land (a world which lies just beyond Planet Carrot), Animalville resident Hoppy (reading an issue of Captain Marvel), is inspired to say the magic word “Shazam” on witnessing a bully trying to steal his girlfriend, and is granted powers by the Bunny Wizard to become Marvel Bunny with all the power of Salamander, Hogules, Antlers, Zebreus, Abalone and Monkury. [Fawcett's Funny Animals #1]
- Merton McSnurtle of Zooville is selected by gods from another planet for good on Earth; equipped with an automatic conscience that doesn't leave him alone for a second, he becomes The Terrific Whatzit. [Funny Stuff #1]
- Despite his small size, Marmaduke Mouse stands up to the strong and powerful King Louie, who is dethroned when Marmaduke cuts his hair off as he's sleeping, removing his strength. The grateful forest folk make Marmaduke Mouse their new king. [Marmaduke Mouse and King Louie, Hit Comics #35 (Spring, 1945)]
- Peter Porkchops and Wolfie have first appearance in the comics. [Leading Comics #23]
- Charlie Droople and Dorothy Carson briefly travel from Earth-4 to Earth-C4, and Charlie decides to remain there. After Dorothy returns to the real world, she discovers a comic-book called The Adventures of Charlie Droople and wonders why the name sounds familiar. [“The Best of All Possible Worlds,” The Many Ghosts of Dr. Graves #5 (January, 1968)]
- Mallard Fillmore is elected President of the United Species of America.
- On an alternate possible Earth, Mallard Fillmore is a conservative political columnist.
- On an alternate possible Earth, Ronnie Raccoon is elected President of the United Species of America. [Peter Porker, Spectacular Spider-Ham]
- Cap'n Catnip [Charlton Bullseye v2 #2]
- Jack Bunny [Charlton Bullseye v2 #2]
- Neil the Horse [Charlton Bullseye v2 #2]
- The Mitey Buggers [Charlton Bullseye v2 #6]
- Terry Turtle [Charlton Bullseye v2 #6]
- Superman and Starro travel from Earth 1. Their presence gives rise to the Zoo Crew (Captain Carrot/Rodney Rabbit, Alley-Kat-Abra/Felina Furr, Fastback/Timmy-Joe Terrapin, Pig-Iron/Peter Porkchops, Rubberduck/Byrd Rentals, Yankee Poodle/Rova Barkitt). [New Teen Titans #16]
- On Earth C-Minus, there are apocryphal accounts of a battle occuring between Bat-Mouse and The Inedible Hawg (see appendix). [date from DC/Marvel crossover, Batman vs. The Incredible Hulk]
- The Zoo crew encounters the Time-Keeper, which disperses them through their past. [CCAHAZC #9]
- Chester Cheese becomes Little Cheese, and is inducted into the Zoo Crew. [CCAHAZC #12]
- On an alternate possible Earth, Chester Cheese becomes Big Cheese, and is inducted into the Zoo Crew. [unpublished, character appeared as sketch in Amazing Heroes Preview Special #9]
- The Just'a Lotta Animals travel from Earth C-Minus. [CCAHAZC #14]
- Changeling and Gorilla Grodd travel from Earth 1. [CCAHAZC #20]
- Hoppy the Marvel Bunny is magically summoned to Oz by the Nome King Roquat. He assists Captain Carrot and Wonder Wabbit before returning to his own Earth. [Oz-Wonderland War #2]
- On an alternate Earth, Mices on Infinite Earths occurs. Mighty Mouse joins forces with his counterparts Super Mouse and Mighty Mousette along with other heroes against The Anti-Minotaur and Mangy Mouse. [Mighty Mouse #4-5, Second Marvel Series]
- One “The Dodo and the Frog” story took place in the future year 1993 (written in 1953): “Space-Dodo Rides Again!” A radio message is received from the planet Mars. The President sends Space-Dodo (the first to reach the Moon) on a rocketship to Mars. Ralph Rocketnose (“great-great-grandson” of Fenimore Frog), however, decides to sabotage his ship, causing it to crash back onto the Earth. The undeterred Space-Dodo builds a new space-ship by the very next day and decides to go to Mars. This time, however, Ralph Rocketnose pushes Space-Dodo aside and goes to Mars himself in order to receive the credit for being the first “Earthman” to reach Mars. Unfortunately for Ralph Rocketnose, the moment he opens the hatch, he's greeted by the Martians – all of whom look exactly like Space-Dodo! He abruptly leaves. [reprinted in The Best of DC (Blue Ribbon Digest) #49]